Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi (400D) is a thrilling new digital SLR, successor to the current EOS 350D (Digital Rebel XT) that offers easy operation and affordability in a lightweight ergonomic body. Its based on the second generation DIGIC II Image Processor, compatible with more than 50 EF and EF-S lenses. This camera has a high-precision 9-point AF system for speedy and accurate focusing in any situation. With the pop-up build-in-flash (recycling time 3 seconds) the Digital Rebel XTi (400D) can obtain consistent flash exposures even if the subject contains radical changes in color reflectivity. You can take pictures with different settings regarding color, saturation, sharpness and contrast and in different modes such as Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful and Monochrome and Custom. The white balance menu works as in all Canon cameras: auto, daylight, overcast situations, indoor tungsten, fluorescent, custom. The dust reduction system is new at this model; for the DOF you have a depth-of-field enable button and another bonus is the possibility to manually focus. Another interesting thing is the remote control with remote switch RS-60E3 or wireless remote controllers RC-1/RC-5. Redeye works as it should. There are no many changes from Digital Rebel XT to Digital Rebel XTi, but its definitely a good camera for professional photographers. I would say, it stands out for the image quality given by the sensor (well-exposed pictures, with pleasing colours and minimal noise).
The camera is compatible with all external flashes, but it works best with the 220EX, 430EX, and 580EX Speedlites. For macro shooting you may want to check out the MR-14EX ring lite or the MT-24EX twin lite.
• Startup time: 0.2 seconds
• Image recording with 1/4000 sec speed for 30 seconds, 3 fps for 27 consecutive shots in JPEG mode and 10 in RAW
• 10.1 megapixel CMOS sensor
• 2.5 inch LCD (The most noticeable change from Rebel XT)
• ISO sensitivity from 100-1600
• Metering: 35-zone evaluative, center-weighten average, partial metering
• CD card for picture storage
• Image compression: JPEG and RAW
• With One battery NB-2LH lithium-ion you get up to 500 shoots when no flash used
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015