So, my favorite photography contest has been finally announced:
CIWEMs Environmental Photographer of the Year Competition, open to all professional and amateur, national and international photographers working with digital and traditional photography, opens the gates as follows:
World of Difference
Quality of Life
The Natural World
DEADLINE: July 31st 2008
To enter: http://www.ciwem.org/awards/epoty.
The competition seeks to celebrate photographers who use their ability to raise awareness of environmental and social issues. It encourages entries that are traditional, contemporary, avant-garde, ironic, creative, experimental, subversive, subtle, strong, resonant, challenging, political, original and beautiful. But most of all, the competition celebrates the power of photography to inspire people around the world to start taking care of our environment.
The entries will be judged by some of the most respected environmental photographers in the industry, including Gary Braasch, winner of the Ansel Adams Award for Conservation Photography, Anthony Epes and Ronnie Israel.
The competition is organized by CIWEM (The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management), so winners will have their winning work published in CIWEMs international monthly magazine WEM, take part in a roving exhibition throughout the year and be showcased on CIWEMs popular website. The overall winner will receive recognition as the international Environmental Photographer of the Year.
Individual pieces of work will be judged on impact, creativity, composition, originality and technical abilities as follows:
* Impact – does it illustrate immediate, subtle, strong or resonant messages?
* Creativity – is it unusual, thoughtful, beautiful, subversive or ironic?
* Originality – is the subject treated differently, is the subject matter new?
* Composition – consider the perspective, balance, clarity of meaning and focus of statement
* Technical Quality – consider clarity, focus, lighting and exposure, and colour
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015