Available in silver, black and gold, (each colour is metallic), Panasonic Lumix DMC-F100 comes in a stylish design of the a sleek, slim elegant body. As for the size, it’s not the smallest camera out there, but it fits into your smallest pockets. It has a few small buttons and a small covered dial, all intuitive.
The Leica Lens on which it’s based can capture up to 12 MP and 3.6 optical zoom, meaning that the camera is having a strong position in the costumers list of desires. At the heart of the FX100‘s super-easy operation is Intelligent Image Stabilization (Optical Image Stabilizer combined with ISO Control), a Panasonic system offered in all new Lumix cameras.
Equipped with Venus Engine III processor, Panasonic FX100 renders images with minimal noise. This processor is also responsible for the High-Speed Burst shooting mode that lets you snap off a lightning-fast eight shots per second.
Another interesting thing about this camera is the fact that the built-in flash reaches as far as 16 m – an impressive range. The battery life is also above the expectations: more than 300 shots. By lowering the resolution, you can use digital zoom without reducing the image quality, “white set” option lets you manually set the white balance, images are quite sharp and vivid. Before you this camera is perfect, note that Unfortunately, it lacks any on-board redeye removal tool. Besides that, calendar and category view, enhanced date stamp, multi-photo delete are a few functions added in playback mode that make the use of this camera playful.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX100 Digital Camera Specifications
• Shooting Modes: Playback / Intelli ISO / Norm Pic / Simple / Macro / SCN / Motion Pic / Print
• Scene Modes: Portrait/ Soft Skin/ Snry/ Sports/ Night Snry&Portrait/ Food/ Party/ Candle/ Fireworks/ Starry/ Beach/ Aerial/ Snow/ High Svty/ Baby1&2/ Underwater/ Sunset/ Pet)/ Moving Pic/ Playback/ Print/ Intelli ISO
• Movie Mode: 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 640 x 480 pixels, 320 x 240 pixels 30 fps, 10 fps; 16:9 Aspect Ratio: 848 x 480 pixels 30 fps, 10 fps, QuickTime Motion JPEG
• Effects: Cool/Warm/Black & White/Sepia;
Contrast: Low, Standard, High
Sharpness: Low, Standard, High
Saturation: Low, Standard, High
Noise Reduction: Low, Standard, High
• Flash Modes: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
• White Balance: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set /
White Balance Adjustment (+10steps, except for auto set) (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, and Highspeed Burst mode)
• Metering: 1 point; 1 point high speed; 3 point high speed; 9 points, spot, center-weight
• 2.5 inch LCD
• 12.2 megapixels
• 3.6x optical zoom + 4x digital zoom
• Focal Length: 6.0-21.4mm (35mm equiv.: 28-100mm)
• Aperture: Wide: F2.8/F9.0 (2 steps); Tele: F5.6/F18 (2 steps)
• ISO Range: Auto / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1250 / 1600 (High Sensitivity Mode: Auto(1600-6400)
• Focus Range: Normal: 50cm – infinity
Macro, Simple, Intelligent ISO, Motion Image: Wide 5cm/Tele 30cm – infinity
• Flash Range: 0.6-5.0m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.3-2.5m (Tele/ISO Auto)
• Exposure Compensation: 1/3 EV Step, Â± 2 EV
• Shutter Speed: 8 – 1/2,000 sec.; Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec.
• Self Timer: 10 seconds / 2 seconds
• Continuous Shooting: Full-Resolution Image, 2 frames / sec Max. 5 images (Standard Mode), Max 3 images (Fine Mode) High-speed Burst Mode: 8 frames/sec (recorded in 2M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
• File Format: JPEG (Exif 2.21 standard), Fine/Standard
• MMC/SD/SDHC – Secure Digital memory + 27MB internal memory
• Lithium-ion Battery Pack (3.7V, 1150 mAh)(Included) – up to 320 pics
• Dimensions: 2.13” x 3.80” x 0.96”
• Weight: 0.33 lbs
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015