The ease of use and advanced features make the Pentax K100D digital SLR a perfect choice for users who want to move up from a point-and-shoot camera. But there is also a friendly Mode Dial offering Auto Picture and Picture modes as well as new Scene modes for even simpler photography.
Its sensor is a high-performance 23.5mm x 15.7mm CCD.
The Pentax Shake Reduction (an image sensor oscillation type system installed in the camera body: CCD Image Sensor Shift) feature is an electromagnetically controlled system built into the body to detect handheld camera shake and compensates by moving a free floating image sensor and works with all Pentax lenses.
Other features: Depth of Field Preview and Optical Viewfinder (Pentamirror with Natural-Bright-Matte II focusing screenl) with 96% coverage and 0.85x magnification.
About the image quality: Very good photo quality, low noise through ISO 800, some vignetting with kit lens. The Kit includes a 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens.
• Shooting Modes: Auto Picture, Scene, Standard, Portrait, Night-scene Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Action, Flash Off, Program AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Metered Manual, Bulb
• Scene Modes: Night Scene, Surf & Snow, Text, Sunset, Kids, Pet, Candlelight, Museum
• Effects: Black & White, Sepia, Color (18 types), Soft (3 levels), Slim, Brightness
• White Balance: TTL Auto, Pre-set (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light), Custom
• Flash Modes (built-in pop-up): Auto, Flash-off, Flash-on, Auto + Red-eye reduction, Flash-on + Red-eye reduction
• Metering: TTL 16-segment, Center-weighted & Spot
• Focus Modes: AF-Single (with focus lock), AF-Continuous, Manual
• Auto Bracketing: 3 frames +/-1.5EV (1/2 steps) or +/-1EV (1/3 steps)
• 2.5 inch LCD
• 6.1 megapixels
• Focal Length: 18mm – 55mm
• Aperture Range: F3.5 – F5.6
• ISO: Auto, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
• Exposure Compensation – +/-2 EV (1/2 or 1/3 steps)
• Flash Exposure Compensation: +1 to -2 (1/2 steps)
• Flash Synchronization Speed: 1/180 sec
• Shutter Speed: 1/4000 – 30 seconds
• Self-timer (12sec, 2sec)
• Remote Control (0sec, 3sec)
• Continuous (2.8fps, 5 JPEG, 3 RAW)
• File Format: JPEG (Exif 2.21), RAW, DCF
• SD memory card
• 4x AA rechargeable NiMH batteries, or Two CR-V3 lithium batteries
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015