Portrait Professional version 8 is different from conventional editing software in that it is designed only for portrait shots and has actually been ‘trained’ in human appearance using many hundreds of human faces. As such the software has ‘learnt’ statistically what is attractive and unattractive in human faces.
Because of this built in knowledge, it requires less skill and considerably less time than traditional software for face touch up.
While we don’t see it as a direct substitute for software such as Photoshop, for the professional dealing with multiple images in short space of time or the amateur who doesn’t have the requisite skill level on other suites, we feel that it provides a complimentary and easy-to-use alternative.
What’s new about it?
• It is the first version of software that is Mac compatible
• Further enhanced training in human appearance particularly on the 3/4 views and more shape beautification modes, including neck lengthening (at the request of fashion, advertising and catalogue photographers)
• Hair beautifying controls including hair re-colouring, thickening and smoothing to let you eliminate bad hair days after the event. To the best of our knowledge, a world first
• It also has similar enhancements for eyes and mouths. Iris colour, iris saturation, whiteness of the eye, pupil colour, and the sharpness and size of each eye can be individually controlled by sliders. Whiteness of the teeth, the colour contrast saturation and darkness of the lips and the sharpness of the overall mouth can be altered in the same manner
• Improved Colour Calibration and Raw File Support as well as a an Improved User Interface and an Improved Help and tutorial System
Portrait Professional 8 is available in two versions:
1. Portrait Professional 8 Standard This is the standard version which works on
JPEG and Tiff files
2. Portrait Professional 8 Studio This is the high end version which also works
directly on 16 bit Camera RAW files.
The high end software is priced at Â£79.95 (US $149.95) while Portrait
Professional Standard is Â£39.95 (US $79.95)
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015