Sony announced the development of a 35mm full size (diagonal:43.3mm/Type 2.7) 24.81 effective megapixel, ultra-high speed high image quality CMOS image sensor designed to meet the increasing requirement for rapid image capture and advanced picture quality within digital SLR cameras.
The newly developed CMOS image sensor combines unique circuit design technology with Sony’s advanced fabrication expertise, such as advanced planarization for minimizing fluctuation, to realize 35mm, full size, 24.81 effective megapixel resolution. Sony’s “Column-Parallel A/D Conversion Technique” also provides each column within the sensor with its own A/D converter, minimizing image degradation caused by the noise that arises during analog processing while at the same time delivering an extremely high signal conversion speed.
The enhanced image quality generated by the sensor’s 24.81 effective megapixel resolution, wide range of graduation expression achieved by its full size broad dynamic range, and the low noise, high resolution, ultra-responsive performance provided by Sony’s Column-Parallel A/D Conversion technique enable it to meet the ever-increasing requirements within high performance digital SLR cameras.
Sony will target for mass production of this CMOS image sensor within this year.
1. High picture quality in 35mm full size image sensor with 24.81M effective pixels
2. “Column-Parallel A/D Conversion method” achieves high S/N and high-speed imaging
•CDS/PGA(24dB)Circuit (PGA: Programmable Gain Amplifier)
•12bit-AD Converter on chip
•Di’versified readout mode
•All-pixel scan mode 6.3 frame/s (12bit)
3. High-speed digital output (12 channel parallel LVDS output)
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015