Photoaxe is going to celebrate 1 year of photo-blogging. With this occasion, I decided to run a contest and as a prize for the winner, a book will be given away.
Why should I participate?
By participating you will have the following benefits:
1. the great prize the book Associated Press Guide to Photojournalism”. You can find out more about this book here.
2. a link to your blog for all the participants
3. audience and fame
How can I participate?
1. The theme: tell a story in pictures. The requirement is to have a series of pictures (3 to 5 pics) depicting a story.
2. Post your pictures on your blog and indicate your participation by linking to this post (a trackback will be received). If you want to be sure you can send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Among with the series of pictures Im also asking for a short text in which you explain what you felt about the subject and why did you choose it.
You can make new shots or use the ones from your own archi’ve. I want you to tell me a story in pictures, no matter what story. Imagine that you are a photojournalist and I send you over to get me a story for a magazine. What would you do? How would you think of this?
What is the schedule?
1. The deadline: January 1st
2. The winner will be announced two weeks after the deadline.
My personal example
Below you can see an example of such photojournalistic series. In this example the images are black&white but you can also submit color. If you like the idea, then you will surely like the prize: “Associated Press Guide to Photojournalism”. There is no such thing as age limit or nationality. Also, don’t worry about copyrights: its all yours and Photoaxe will not use it for any purpose.
Indian Culture on Todays Streets
Inside today’s busy city life, a group of enthusiastic artists remembered the passing watchers about native Americans and their culture.
Singing and dancing under the moon light, they managed to gather an impressive number of people around them and a photographer: me.
The feathers, the colorful leather clothes, the paintings on their faces, everything was done in a very eye-catching manner.
However, the sound of their music was amplified by modern electronic gears like microphones and high voltage speakers. I felt like this was ripping away the magic of the moment and the message which is supposed to be send:
“We must all stand together as a force of love. Arm yourself with truth, love and perseverance. People of the earth take back your heritage. I am not speaking of skin color or religion. Our heritage is this earth… Our heritage is also extended beyond this earth into the heavens where the spirit once lived before our birth into this world. You are bound to both.”
You are in the Jury
For complete objectivity I decided to ask your help too, my reader.
So the winner will be decided like this:
1. One week you will vote your favorite story. You can choose only one story. It will be nice to comment why you chosed that story.
2. In the jury will be me, Brian and Tudor. Based on your votes and our opinions we will chose the winner.
Shoot Your Questions
If you have any questions or suggestions please leave a comment. I will sure answer you.
If you would like to sponsor this contest please contact me.
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015