The Canon A series gained in January 2007 a new member with a higher number of megapixels: 7 MP A560. An important improvement is the fact that this model is capable to take 500 shots before the 2xAA batteries rune out. The system now includes Face-detection autofocus, Higher light sensitivity, ISO 1600 (but this is not very useful) and Red-Eye correction in PlayBack Mode. Compared to A550, the LCD is 5 inch wider.
The multitude of functions and menu may be too much for someone who only wants a camera for creating a family album, but its a perfect choice for someone who wants a high capability camera, compact enough to fit in a small bag, instead of an expensive heavy SLR.
But one thing here bothers me: the Aperture and Shutter Priority Modes are not present anymore and the Manual Mode only controls the exposure and white balance. The Panoramic Mode is also missing and this is even less understandable.
The long time between the shots taken with flash on is a problem on previous models that still hasnt been fixed. Another add to the camera usability is the composition grid and Im mentioning this because it really is useful not only for beginners.
Canon PowerShot A560
Canon PowerShot A560
Canon PowerShot A560 Digital Camera Specifications
• Shooting Modes: Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual
• Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets and Indoor, Night Scene, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, and Aquarium
• Movie Mode: x 480 at 60,30,15 fps; 320 x 240 at 60,30,15 fps, avi (motion jpeg)
• Flash Modes: Auto, Auto w/ Red-eye Reduction, Auto w/ Slow Synchro, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash On w/ Slow Synchro, Flash Off
• Flash Modes: Auto, On, Off, Manual (Red Eye, Slow Sync)
• White Balance: 5 positions plus manual – Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
• Metering: Evaluative, Center-Weighted, and Spot
• Effects: vivid colors, sepia, black and white
• 2.5 inch LCD
• Optical Viewfinder 80% accuracy
• 7.1 megapixels
• 4x optical zoom + 4x digital zoom
• Focal Length: 35 mm – 140 mm
• Aperture: F2.6 – F5.5
• ISO Range: 80 ,100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
• Flash Range: 1.5-11 ft./45cm-3.5m (W), 1.5-7.2 ft./45cm-2.2m (T)
• Focus Range: Normal 45 cm, Macro 5 cm
• Exposure Compensation: -2 to +2 EV in 1/3 EV steps
• Continuos Shooting: 1.7 fps, unlimited
• Shutter Speed: 15 sec – 1/2000 sec
• Self Timer: 2 or 10 sec
• File Format: JPEG (EXIF 2.2)
• SD/SDHC – Secure Digital memory
• 2xAA NiMH battery