Photosmart R837, with an interesting design of the metal and plastic body (the sliding lens cover), lightweight but resistant, is the first HP digital camera to offer HP touch-up for the removal of blemishes (like spots and scars on the faces in portraits). Its one of the newest cameras on the market and promises be in top best digital compact cameras soon enough.
HP tagging and organisation function seems to be new also: it allows you to organise your photos into convenient folders in-camera (Holidays, Children, Friends, Family and more) for easy searching and sorting. Tagged photos are automatically filed when you download them to your PC.
Smart Features: HP Design Gallery, HP photo touch-up, HP in-camera red-eye removal (and guess what: pet-eye removal also), HP steady photo (anti-shake mode), HP adaptive lighting (i love this one: it reveals the details in shadows), HP in-camera panorama stitching and HP Photosmart Express.
HP Photosmart Express makes sharing, printing and saving digital photos easy – users simply take a photo and select its destination right on the back of the camera.
HP Photosmart Premier Software allows users to edit, organize, print, share and archi’ve digital photos.
In conclusion: this is a camera with all know HP functions that make shooting a lot easier and less work on post editing of pictures, also features a large LCD, but no manual functions, no viewfinder and no sound when recording movies. It has a good response time (just over a second between shots, even when image quality is set at the highest setting). Images have some noise at ISO 200, and high levels at ISO 400, a bit too soft for my taste but no abusive chromatic aberrations, warm, well-saturated colours and good white balance.
Optional Accessories: HP Photosmart 6221 Premium Camera Dock with DC input connector, USB connector, spare battery recharge bay and A/V connector, HP Photosmart 6222 Wireless Dock Base, HP Photosmart 6224 Wireless Picture Manager.
It is compatible with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later.
HP Photosmart R837 Digital Camera
HP Photosmart R837 Digital Camera
• Shooting Modes: Auto (Normal and Macro), Movie
• Scene Modes: Beach, Landscape, Macro, Night Portrait, Panorama left, Panorama right, Portrait, Action, Snow, Sunset, Theatre, Steady Photo
• Movie Mode: 24 fps, VGA, 640 x 480, no sound, MPEG-1 compression
• Effects: Full colour (default), black & white, sepia, black and white tints
• Flash Modes: Auto, Flash On / Off (basic but has in-camera red-eye and pet-eye removal function)
• White Balance: Auto (default), Sun, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent
• Metering: TTL (through-the-lens), Average AE Metering (default), Spot AE Metering
• 3 inch LCD
• 7.2 megapixels
• 3x optical + 8x digital zoom
• Focal Length: 39-118mm (35mm equivalent)
• Aperture: F3.5-7.4 (wide) F4.2 – 8.8 (tele)
• ISO Range: 100, 200, 400
• Focus Range: 0.5 m to infinity (wide), 0.6 m to infinity (telephoto), 0.10 – 1.0 m (macro wide)
• Exposure Compensation: +/- 2.0 EV in 1/2 steps
• Exposure Bracketing: +/- 0.5EV or 1 stop
• Shutter Speed: 10 – 1/2000sec
• Self Timer: 10 sec, 2 shot
• Shutter lag: 0,37 sec
• Shot-to-shot: 1.5 sec
• File Format: JPEG (EXIF 2.2)
• SD – Secure Digital memory + 32 MB internal memory
• Lithium-ion battery 1050 mA (rechargeable)
Tags: HP Photosmart R837, HP Design Gallery, HP photo touch-up, red-eye removal, anti-shake, HP adaptive lighting, panorama stitching, HP Photosmart Express, 7MP, 3x optical zoom, hp digital camera, compact digital camera, digital camera
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015