The “Pricey Ink Stinks” is a contest sponsored by Kodak, who wants to “to put an end to the pain of expensive ink cartridges by submitting clever ideas for re-purposing old printers. ” Kodak also claims that the inspiration for the campaign came from the cost of Kodaks EASYSHARE AiO replacement ink cartridges, priced at less than half of most competitors at $14.99 MSRP for color and $9.99 MSRP for black.
An an entrant in the “Pricey Ink Stinks” campaign you are asked to submit a photo, drawing, video or blog of how you would creatively re-purpose Kodak’s old printers. The grand prize winner will be selected by Kodak staff from the top 20 highest scoring entries. The lucky winner will have to choose between $1000 cash or a $1000 scholarship. The best video, best image, best blog and most viral entries will each win a Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 AiO.
Kodak has done something about this expensive injustice by offering KODAK EASYSHARE All-in-One Printers that save you up to 50% on everything you print compared to similar consumer inkjet printers.
* Best Blog: 1 winner, chosen by Kodak from the top 20 blogs that receive the highest score, wins a KODAK EASYSHARE 5300 All-in-One Printer!
* Best Image: 1 winner, chosen by Kodak from the top 20 drawings or photos that receive the highest score, wins a KODAK EASYSHARE 5300 All-in-One Printer!
* Best Video: 1 winner, chosen by Kodak from the top 20 videos that receive the highest score, wins a KODAK EASYSHARE 5300 All-in-One Printer!
Duration: October 12, 2007 12:00 AM (PST) – November 23, 2007 11:30 PM (PST)
How to Submit:
1. Tap into your creative resources and come up with a radical, alternate use for your old printer, then blog it, draw it, photograph it or video it!
2. Click the Submit Entry tab and follow the steps provided.
3. Tell friends to come to Brickfish and vote for your entry!
Requirements: You must use or mention a printer in your entry. Please do not display a competitor’s logo in your entry. Open to anyone in the 50 United States who has access to the Internet, and is 18 or older at the time of entry.