DiMage A200 is a discontinued camera from Konica Minolta, but you might still find it on the market. The advantages of choosing this camera is that at a lower price, you get a 8MP camera with a zooming ring with hight optical zoom – 7x, manual functions, robust body with the look and feel of a SLR, and important features like RAW shooting, anti-shake technology.
The anti-shake technology shifts the CCD to compensate for the vibrations that occur with hand held shooting (you can shoot with shutter speeds up to eight times longer – 3 stops – than with digital cameras without such technology). It is also available in movie mode also.
Other features include: subject movement predictive focus control (great for sport events), vari-angle LCD, electronic viewfinder, Direct Manual Focus function (also allowing you to enlarge and view any part of the monitor image), real time histogram display.
Last but not the last, the automatic flash control of the DiMAGE 200 works with the Maxxum/Program Flash 5600HS(D), Maxxum/Program Flash 3600HS(D), Maxxum/Program Flash 2500(D), Macro Twin Flash 2400 and Macro Ring Flash 1200. By adding the PC Flash Adapter PCT-100, you can also use other general-purpose flashes and studio flashes.
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Digital Camera Specifications
• Shooting Modes: Auto, P (Program) with program shift, A (Aperture priority), S (Shutter priority), M (Manual)
• Scene Modes: Portrait, Sports action, Sunset, Night portrait
• Movie Mode: Motion JPEG (MOV) with monaural audio; 800 x 600, 640 x 480 at 15fps, 320 x 240 at 15, 30 fps
• Effects: Natural, Vivid, Adobe RGB (ICC) and Black & White (11 types of monochromatic effects)
• 1.8-inch LCD
• 8.10 megapixels
• 7x optical zoom + 4x digital zoom
• Focal Length: 7.2 – 50.8 mm (equivalent to 28-200 mm in 35mm format)
• Aperture: max f/2.8 – f/3.5
• Exposure Compensation: Â±2 Ev in 1/3 increments
• Continuous Shooting: 2.0 fps in Continuous AF mode, and at approx. 2.3 fps in High-speed Continuous Advance mode
• File Format: JPEG Exif v2.2, RAW
• Type I and Type II Compact Flash cards, Microdrives, SD Memory Card and MultiMedia Card (with the optional SD-CF1)
• Lithium-ion Battery Pack – Up to 260 frames