The 8-megapixel DiMAGE X1 is one of the most compact and slim cameras made by Konica Minolta. Despites for being so small, it has a large 2.5 inch LCD with bright backlight function making it confortable to use. For the first time in the DiMAGE X series, the DiMAGE X1 offers Anti-Shake Mode for steady shots in low light conditions.
Another new thing on this camera is an improvent of the movie mode which now offers recording of smooth, high-resolution VGA (640×480 dots) movie clips with sound and the possibility of using the 3x optical zoom during recording. The DiMAGE X1 multifunction cradle is an useful tool that provides quick and easy connectivity for uploading and viewing images directly on a Computer or TV, as well as battery charging.
It has a very reflective gray or silver surface and quite few very intuitive buttons (4-way selector at the back and The shutter release, power button and mode selector switch on top). The lens is not located in the center of the front size, but in the upper right corner. The battery is capable to capture up to 200 shots before it needs to be recharged.
However, even if it looks good and it is easy to use, shooting performance is below average for a camera in this class – it’s a slow camera and the lack of AF-assist lamp leads to focusing problems). The image quality is good, but not great (colors, balance and exposure are great, but some noise is visible).
• Shooting Modes: Programmed AE, AE lock available
• Scene Modes: Portrait, Super Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night View, Night Portrait and Text
• Movie Mode: motion jpeg (mov), 640×480, 320×240 at 20fps / Recording time: Until the memory card is full / with monaural audio
• Effects: Color, B / W, and Sepia
• Flash Modes: Autoflash, Autoflash with red-eye reduction, Fill-flash, Flash cancel, Slow sync
• White Balance: Automatic, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent)
• Metering: Multi-segment (300 segments) / Spot
• 2.5 inch LCD
• 8 megapixels
• 3x optical zoom + 4x digital zoom
• Focal Length: 7.7 – 23.1 mm (35 mm format equivalent: 37 – 111 mm)
• Aperture: f / 3.5 – f / 3.8
• ISO Range: 50, 100, 200
• Focus Range: Wide-angle: 0.1 m (3.9 inches) to infinity, Telephoto:0.4m(15.7 inches) to infinity, Super macro mode: 0.05 m (2.0 inches) to infinity
• Exposure Compensation: +/-2EV in 1/3 increments
• Startup time: 0.9 seconds
• Shutter Speed: 1 – 1/1250 seconds
• Continuous Shooting: 0.5 frames per second (Number of frames: Approx. 3 frames, 3264 x 2448, Standard)
• Self Timer: 10 seconds delay
• File Format: JPEG standard, fine
• SD Memory Cards / MultiMediaCards
• NP-1 Lithium-ion battery – 150 shots
• Dimensions: 95 x 68 x 19.5 mm / 3.7 x 2.7 x 0.8 inches
• Weight: 135g / 4.8 ounces (without battery and recording media)
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015