Beginning from March 2007, Nikon is pleased to introduce the COOLPIX P5000 to the Nikon COOLPIX Performance Series of digital cameras on the market. The new COOLPIX P5000 offers advanced functions, ease of operation, and high image quality that is sure to satisfy photo and camera enthusiasts.
The P5000 incorporates a new advanced image processing engine, which optimizes low light performance and color reproduction, and Nikon’s optical VR image stabilization, which compensates for camera shake.
Another advantage of the optical VR image stabilization is that it helps achieve smoother action in the movie shooting modes of the P5000 and when using the optional TC-3ED Tele converter with 378mm of telephoto performance.
The COOLPIX P5000 features a new advanced image processing engine with enhanced noise reduction and an improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio that preserves image quality even when shooting at high ISO settings. The P5000 extends the light sensitivity range to ISO 3200, which makes it possible to capture fast moving subjects with outstanding clarity, even in lower light conditions.
Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically sets the optimal ISO for steady results and will allow users to select and save the best image from up to ten sequential shots.
The P5000 also comes with Nikon’s PictureProject software. Powerful yet user-friendly software makes transferring, organizing, editing and sharing photos easy.
• Shooting Modes: Programmed Auto [P], Shutter-priority Auto [S], Aperture-priority Auto [A], and Manual [M]
• Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night Portrait, Party/indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dus k/Dawn, Night Landscape, Close up, Museum, Fireworks show, Copy, Back Light, Panorama Assist, Anti-Shake mode and High Sensitivity mode
• Image optimization settings: 4 color filters for shooting with monochrome filter effects, and barrel distortion control, 3 In-Camera Image Innovations to correct common photo problems (Face-priority, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, D-Lighting)
• Movie Mode: VGA (30 fps) movie mode with sound
• Metering Modes: 256-segment Matrix, Center-Weighted, Spot, Spot AF area, 7 movie modes
• White Balance: Auto, Preset (Custom), Cloudy, Direct Sunlight, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Shade, Flash, Manual
• 2.5-inch LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating
• 10 effective megapixels
• 3.5x Zoom-Nikkor glass lens + 4x digital
• F2.7-5.3, equivalent to 36 – 126 mm lens
• Focusing RangeNormal: 12″ – infinity (30 cm – infinity), Macro: 1.6″ – infinity (4.0 cm – infinity)
• ISO Range: 64,100,200,400,800,1600,3200
• Shutter Speed: 8 – 1/2000 second
• Exposure Compensation: +/- 2.0EV in 1/3EV increments
• Self Timer: 3, 10 seconds
• Optical viewfinder
• Optional accessories: 24mm Wide-angle lens Converter (WC-E67), 378mm Telephoto Converter lens (TC-E3ED), external flashes (SB-400, SB-600, and SB-800 Speedlights)
• SD Memory Card + 21MB onboard memory
• EN-EL5 lithium-ion battery (250 shots per charge)
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015