The main 3 innovations of this Nikon digital camera are: Face-priority AF can detect a human face to provide sharp focus automatically, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix detects, then corrects for the red-eye effect sometimes caused by flash and D-Lighting corrects images compromised by insufficient flash or excessive back light. The S500 also sports a dedicated One-Touch Portrait button that activates three Nikon standard features described above.
While the Coolpix S200 only has the electronic anti-blur technology called e-VR which stands for Electronic Vibration Reduction Image Stabilization, the S500 packs Optical VR Image Stabilization.
The Nikon Coolpix S500 and S200 are both also capable of 16:9 panoramic shooting.
The Built-in flash has a range of 0.3 to 4.6m.
• Movie Mode: With sound: TV movie (640) at 30fps, Small size (320) at 30fps/15fps, Smaller size (160) at 15fps; Without sound: Time-lapse movie at 30fps, Stop-motion (640), Electronic VR (Vibration Reduction) available except with Time-lapse movie
• Shooting Modes: Auto, Scene, Movie, Voice
• Scene Modes: Face-priority AF, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night Portrait, Party/indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Night Landscape, Close up, Museum, Fireworks, Copy, Back Light, Panorama Assist, BSS, Color Options
• Flash Mode: Auto, Auto w/ Red-eye Reduction, Anytime Flash, Flash cancel, Slow Sync
• 2.5-inch LCD
• 7.1 megapixels
• 3x optical zoom + 4x digital
• 38 to 114mm (35mm equivalent) lens
• start up time of 0.6 seconds
• shutter lag: 0.0005 sec
• Focus range: 60cm (2 ft.) to infinity (âˆž)
• Macro close-up mode: 10cm (3.9 in.) to infinity (âˆž)
• ISO Range: 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000
• SD memory card + 20 MB Internal memory
• EN-EL10 Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (230 shots)
[tags]Nikon Coolpix S200, Nikon Coolpix, Coolpix S200, digital camera, compact digital camera, camera, Redeye Reduction, Face priority, D Lighting, Image Stabilization, 7MP [/tags]