Not only does it provide a solid metallic feel and reassuringly firm grip, but the chic contours and classic camera appeal of the most compact digital camera among competing models also makes Nikon Coolpix S500 a desirable pocket point-and-shoot compact camera for travellers. Power-on speed is amazing: only 0.6 seconds! And the shutter speed also: 0.005 seconds.
The COOLPIX S500 features proven lens shift VR (Vibration Reduction) technology which gives better quality to pictures normally blurred due to camera shake (unsteady hands).
One-touch portrait button makes it easier than ever to take great-looking photographs by offering direct access to a selection of three innovative functions that provide the ability to actually improve the quality of images within the camera. Face-priority automatically finds, then focuses on people’s faces for crisp, clear results time after time.
In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically compensates to help eradicate traces of the annoying red-eye effect that can sometimes be encountered during flash photography. Completing the set is D-Lighting, which can be applied to improve underexposed images or shots taken with too much backlight.
• 15 Scene modes
• Movie Mode: With sound, TV movie at 30fps, Small size at 30fps/15fps
• White balance: Auto with TTL control, 7-mode manual (Direct sunlight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Shade, Flash and White Bal. Preset)
• 2.5-inch LCD
• 7.1 effective megapixels
• 3x Zoom
• 35-105mm (equivalent with 35mm) lens
• ISO range: 50-1600 + 2000 as special option
• Focus range: 50cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity, Macro close-up mode: 15cm (5.9 in.) to infinity
• Built-in Flash with a range up to 7.5m
• No Viewfinder
• SD memory card + 25 MB internal
• Li-ion Rechargeable Battery EN-EL10 (180 shots)
[tags]Nikon Coolpix S500, Nikon, Nikon Coolpix, Coopix S500, Image Stabilization, Face Detection, Red-eye Reduction, D-Lighting, 3x zoom, 7MP[/tags]