In a few words, Nikon D40 is the lightest, most compact Nikon digital SLR ever, featuring intuitive controls and an ergonomically designed operation that even first-time SLR users can enjoy. Advanced 3-area AF system and the refined algorithms inherited from the advanced Nikon digital SLR cameras deliver fast, efficient and precise autofocus, while an AF-assist illuminator helps ensure top performance in dark situations.
High-precision digital image processing algorithms produce natural-looking images with faithful color and tone reproduction. 8 shooting mode are available: Auto, Auto (Flash Off), Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, and Night Portrait, plus the facility to optimize white balance, sharpening, tone, color, saturation and hue to match the scene. More than that, Creative in-camera effects and editing functions consolidated under the new Retouch menu, including D-Lighting, Red-eye correction, Trim, Monochrome settings (Black-and-white, Sepia, Cyanotype), Filter Effects (Skylight, Warm filter, Color balance), Small Picture and Image Overlay.
Nikon D40 comes with newer AF-S (autofocus system) where the focusing motor is built into the lens, so those who still want to use legacy lenses, many of which are still in the Nikon line-up, should opt for the D50, D70, or D80, but the more modern AF-S lenses, that are currently 21 in number, are a better choice. The D40 comes packaged with the new 3X zoom 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor lens.
• 2.5 inch LCD (large one)
• 6.1 effective megapixels
• ISO Sensitivity: 200 – 1600
• Shutter Speed: 30-1/4000 seconds
• Engage Speed: 0.18 seconds
• 2.5 frames/second, up to 100 JPEG frames
• JPEG and RAW support
• Red-eye correction
• SD memory cards of up to 4GB capacity (SDHC compliant)
• Li-ion Battery EN-EL9 (up to 470 images)
• Built-in pop-up Flash with i-TTL flash control
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015