Nikon has announced the D3X, its latest high-resultion professional DSLR. Sporting an imaging sensor with double the number of photosites of the popular D3, the 24.5 megapixel D3x includes similar features such as a 3.0″, 920,000 dot LCD monitor with Li’ve View, 51-point autofocus, EXPEED image processing and HDMI output. To keep up with the demands of stock photography the camera produces 50MB 14-bit RAW files that can be processed to produce 140MB TIFFs. It also supports Nikons wireless system and is compatible with Nikons new GP-1 GPS unit.
- Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor with 24.5 megapixels
- Wide sensitivity range starting at ISO 100, ending at ISO 1600
- New EXPEED-based image processing, which was designed to minimize noise occurrence, achieves this without interfering with other factors, including hue.
- High-speed performance meets the most rigorous professional demand: It delivers a continuous shooting speed of approx. 5 frames per second in FX format (36 x 24) or 5:4 (30 x 24), and 7 frames per second in DX format (24 x 16)*2*3.
- Realizing reliable auto control: Scene Recognition System
- AF system employing high-density 51-point AF
- Superior durability
- High-resolution 3-inch LCD monitor with approx. 920kÂ-dots (VGA), 170Â° wide-viewing angle and reinforced glass
- Two Li’ve View modes available
- Picture Control System: Choose from Auto, Extra High, High, Normal, Low or Off setting prior to shooting.
- Electronic virtual horizon
- UDMA-compatible memory card double slot
- GPS Unit GP-1 (optional)
- Lateral chromatic aberration reduction creates images with a clear periphery using original image processing technology to significan’tly reduce color aberrations
- Vignette Control effectively prevents reduction of light at the periphery
- Optical viewfinder achieves approx. 100% frame coverage and 0.7x magnification in FX format
- Three sensing areas: FX format (36 x 24), DX format (24 x 16), and 5:4 (30 x 24)
- Customizable function button
- Choice of black or white letters for shooting information display
- AF fine adjustment with professional standard of accuracy
- Compliant with HDMITM for high-definition image playback
- Lets you shoot up to approx. 4,400 frames on a single battery charge