With the 7.2-megapixel Carl Zeiss Lens, DSC-W35 is one of latest compact digital cameras of Sony’s W-series. This series means that the camera is not as slim as an ultra-compact, but not as big as a high-end camera; it features some manual functions (adjustable flash level, contrast and sharpness), life histogram and a viewfinder for those who make photography more than just for the sake of vacation photos. Sony’s ultra-fast Real Imaging Processor circuit delivers quick start-up, fast shot-to-shot times, and long battery life (up to 380 shots).
With Sony’s Clear RAW imaging technology, you can push the cameras sensitivity up to ISO1000 without dramatically increasing picture noise. Further more, with the VAD-WB lens adapter, you can add 30mm diameter filters and make more creative shots. There are only 7 scene modes, but the minimum macro distance is 2cm.
The colors look natural and the contrast between lighter and darker areas works well, while focusing is better than many cameras manage to produce plus the fact that the photos stay sharp towards the edges.Sony DSC W35 is a simple, yet effective digital camera that provides colors and sharpness above average, handles sun glare well and all in all produces a pretty good picture.
Sony Cybershot DSC-W35
Sony Cybershot DSC-W35
Sony Cybershot DSC-W35 Digital Camera Specifications
• Shooting Modes: Auto, Program, SCN, Movie, Macro
• Scene Modes: Beach, High Sensitivity, Landscape, Snow, Soft Snap, Twilight, Twilight Portrait
• Movie Mode: MPEG VX Fine with Audio (640×480 at 30fps) (MPEG VX Fine requires Memory Stick DUO PRO media), MPEG VX Standard with Audio (640×480 at 16fps), Video Mail with Audio (160×112 at 8fps).
• Effects: Black & White, Natural, Rich, Sepia
• Flash Modes: Auto, Forced On, Forced Off, Slow Synch
• Focus Modes: 5 Area Multi-Point AF, Center AF
• White Balance: Automatic, Cloudy, Daylight, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Flash
• Metering: 49-segment matrix
• 2.0 inch LCD
• 7.2 megapixels
• 3x optical zoom + 2x digital zoom
• Focal Length: 6.3 -18.9mm (equiv: 38 – 114 mm)
• Aperture: f2.8-7.1(W), f5.2-13 (T)
• ISO Range: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000
• Flash Range: ISO Auto: 6” to 12′ 8″ (0.2-3.9m)(W), ISO 1000: 2′ 7” to 23 (0.2-7.0m)(W)
• Focus Range: 4-3/4″ (12 cm) (W), 19-3/4″ (50cm) (T) Minim:19.7″ (50cm) Normal, 0.74″ (2cm) Macro
• Exposure Compensation: Â±2.0 EV, 1/3 EV Step Increments
• Continuos Shooting: 4 Shot at 1.1 fps (7.2MP JPEG fine), 64 Shot VGA at 1.3 fps (JPEG std.)
• Shutter Speed: 1/8-1/2000 sec. (Auto), 1-1/2000 sec. (Program Auto)
• Self Timer: 10 seconds, 2 seconds
• File Format: JPEG (Fine/Standard)
• Memory Stick Duo + 56MB internal memory
• Lithium-ion battery NP-BG1
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- How to professionally watermark your images for free - November 4, 2015
- New changes to Photoaxe – Becoming a Branded Website for Photographers - October 9, 2015
- How to show your online photo gallery and gain money at the same time - June 18, 2015